SAP CRM which is used for Customer Relationship Management and SAP SD which is used for Selling and Distribution related work. In addition to this, there are a number of financial modules too that SAP offers making it one of the most comprehensive business solutions for overall growth and systems management.
In terms of a more specific understanding of SAP, training in SAP Basis is quite necessary. SAP Basis is a unique layer in the entire SAP architecture. The Basis acts as a link between the computing aspect of the system that is the database, operating system, architecture, etc., and the modules of SAP such as CRM, SD, PS, PP, QM and others. Basis looks to provide a solution that is business application software integrated and can assist in the administration of the system. Upon completing this course, a SAP Basis administrator should be able to ensure that he can administer the various SAP products including SRM, ECC, BI, Solman and others.
For those who are looking to learn SAP Basis, a very thorough and deep understanding of the SAP environment is not a prerequisite, though it is an added benefit. However, it is expected that candidates would have a basic knowledge of operating systems, basic database knowledge as well as an understanding of object oriented programming in any language such as C++ or Java.
As a SAP Basis administrator, the major roles and responsibilities would include SAP system health check, monitoring of the servers, performance tuning, analysing dumps, configurations, database administration, background jobs administration and installations. Therefore, from a back end point of view, a SAP Basis administrator holds a critical position in keeping the SAP system for the organisation as a whole together.
The various elements of this course usually include:
- Introduction to Basis: Guide to install SAP GUI, SAP 財務管理系統 Instance, learning SAP architecture
- Clients: Creating a new client in SAP, deleting clients, Client copying
- User authorisation: Creating users, locking/unlocking users, password restrictions
- Background jobs: Background Job processing, monitoring background jobs, deleting background jobs
- Transport management System: Configuration of TMS, transport layers and routes, transport request
- Patch Administration: SAP kernel updates, SAP system monitoring, checking for a trace of an OSS note
- RFC: Remote Function Call, configuration and testing of RFC
- Data Migration: IDOC, SAP LSMW, LSMW Data migration
A SAP Basis training can be a key catalyst for a change of position from a junior SAP trainee or assistant to an administrator. SAP Basis online courses offer convenience and flexibility and are great for those who are already pursuing careers but want to strengthen their profile further.